- 2 big eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups versatile flour
- 1 big egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1 container (15 to 16 ounces) soft farmer cheese or whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 to 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Optional: sour cream and minced chives
- In a big bowl, blend eggs, water and salt till mixed; slowly stir in flour. Transfer to a gently floured surface area; knead 10-12 times, forming a company dough. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- For filling, in a little bowl, blend egg, pepper, sugar and salt. Stir in cheese.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. On a gently floured surface area, roll each part to 1/8-in. density; cut with a floured 4-in. round cookie cutter. Location 1 tablespoon filling in center of each circle. Moisten edges with water; fold in half and press edges to seal. Repeat with staying dough and filling.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring water to a boil. Include pierogi in batches; lower heat to a mild simmer. Prepare till pierogi drift to the leading and hurt, 2-3 minutes. Eliminate with a slotted spoon.
- In a big frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Include pierogi in batches; cook till golden brown, 1-3 minutes on each side, including extra butter as needed. Serve with sour cream and chives if wanted.